Sunday, July 11, 2010

20007 to 70130

This weekend I had a sweet little surprise guest in town, Courtney Sanders. Courtney and I use to kick it in Glover Park together, and this weekend it was the NOLA.

I met her for drinks after work at the swanky W. The concierge gave us four free tickets to Jamie Cullem at the House of Blues. Motter and Megan were the lucky recipients of the other two tickets, and we met them there after a quick appetizer at Galatoire's. After the House of Blues, we headed to Whiskey Blue for a late night of untz untz. Clubbing in New Orleans. Brian Isern joined us @ Whiskey Blue, another 20007 pal.

I woke up Saturday and headed out to New Orleans East to build a Habitat house with some friends. The nailing and building and lifting was a little intense on a scorching summer day, so I excelled in painting the house boards with primer. I admire every single person who stayed how there from 8 AM until 4 PM because it was a hot New Orleans day.

After a nap, I thought I'd head to Fat Harry's for the after party for Habitat, but Courtney convinced me to go back downtown. We headed to Red Eye for a cocktail, with the one and only Red Eye rat Palmer, and then met Megan and crew, again, at Lafite's. I heart Lafite's. If you can't tell.

After Lafite's, we went to the Gold Mine, where I think for once I scared Courto out of a bar. She did not like that place. Sad, because everyone likes the Gold Mine, but yes, it was crowded as all hell and hot as all hell. Plus, I saw this stellar girl pictured below in line at the bathroom and a guy with a two colored Mohawk outside of the bathroom. No, thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment