Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Where Do I Begin?


London is awesome, completely divine. For all of my blog followers, you may know I intended to blog from London, but I was having too much fun wining and dining my way through the United Kingdom. There are so many things I love about our parent culture and their way of life.

I thought New Orleanians like to eat and drink, but Brits seem to do it well. They drink on their lunch hour, and after work the streets are packed with overflow from pubs. They have cocktails in the drawing room before dinner, and after dinner drinks in the library. Oh and don't forget a glass of champagne with tea. There are beautiful flowers everywhere. Their vocabulary is fun. Their buildings are beautiful and everything has a story. Their food use to be rubbish, but now even pub food has its own twist. They have a Queen. (Love our democratic government, but there is something so intriguing about a monarchy -- if you are a fan of shows like the Tudors and movies like the Young Victoria, ya know what I am talking about.) Above all, the country is grounded in tradition and history, two things I appreciate a lot.

I could, however, do with fewer people on the streets. So many people everywhere! No one says excuse me or pardon me when trying to move down the street. They also don't use enough ice in their drinks. Brits think things are good the way they are, so why alter it? I hear ya.

Join me on my journey through London, the Cotswolds, and Kent. You know there is never a dull moment with the Morgan Family, and especially on a phenomenal trip planned by no other than Lynn S. Pack your walking shoes and bring your conversation skills along, I think you'll like what you see.

No comments:

Post a Comment