Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Fall Foliage


Ashley, my sister, seems to be obsessed with the month of October.  She wants to experience fall.  If anyone has any suggestions on how to experience fall in Louisiana, please let me know.  In DC, we would pick apples, go to vineyards, carve pumpkins and roast the seeds, watch the leaves change, etc.  In New Orleans, I am not quite sure what you do.  Corn Maize in Baton Rouge, Pumpkins at French Market -- please help!!  Point in fact, if you google "fall leave new orleans la", the images that appear are pub crawl, Jesuit boys at Galatoires, Mayor Landrieu, and Angelia Jolie and her numerous children.  If you google "fall leaves washington dc", you see the beauty you would imagine.  I am with Alma.  I want to experience fall in Louisiana, too.

2 comments:

  1. I, too, am in love with October! It's my favorite month of the year. I think your mission this month should be coming up with a list of Fall Nola activities. Starting with Octoberfest at the Deutsches Haus!!! http://www.deutscheshaus.org/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good one, Jess!!! As you could tell from my pics, Taylor, I enjoy Deutches House (and so does my family).....October is just the best!!!! One of your activities could be coming to Jackson to visit me :) The leaves change here..My big back yard is full of them, and we have a pumpkin patch and hayrides nearby!!!!Eventually Wednesdays at the Square will start up again....and you could always take a stab at baking those fabulous McKenzie's Halloween cookies?
    http://blog.nola.com/judywalker/2007/10/mckenzies_halloween_replicas_r.html

    ReplyDelete