Sunday, August 15, 2010

Rare Cuts


My mom's birthday present did not arrive on time, so in need of a filler present, I headed over to Rare Cuts on Magazine and Nashville. I have been watching this store revamp itself from a Quilt House to a Steak House. Much to my dismay, the store has yet to open.


But, when I walked to the door, there was a notice, "For more information, please call our store in Harahan." Being the ever so curious person I am, I dialed the number to inquire more about the store's opening. At the other end of the line was a guy who graciously responded to Taylor Morgan's notorious 20 questions. What is the concept of your store? What will it look like when I walk in? Do you cater? How are you different from other stores? Yada Yada Yada, my typical 101.


At the end of the conversation, I asked if the store offers gift certificates. Of course, they do. These days what store doesn't? Problem though, it was 5 o'clock. I was due at my parents for a 5:30 birthday celebration. Rare Cuts boy was in Harahan, and I was Uptown. How was I going to get the gift certificate in my hand? Rare Cuts boy graciously offered to bring it to my parents house to help make this an extra special present for my mom. How's that for customer service?


Upon arrival at my parents house, I invited Rare Cuts boy in to my house to share with my mom the cool concept behind their store. They offer "meat tastings" in your home, restaurant quality meat in their store, and a meat of the month club. My parents are now dying to try out Rare Cuts. If all goes according to plan, the store will open on Tuesday. Back to basics with a local butcher shop that offers complimentary Bloody Mary's on Saturdays. Be sure to check them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment